Originally found this recipe on Pinterest and it came along with a hefty claim that the lady’s husband preferred this broccoli to french fries. I will come out and say these are no french fries; but it probably is the tastiest way to serve broccoli I have encountered. They are simple, pretty healthy, and the texture and taste of the broccoli is downright addictive. Will definitely be making these again!
The edges of the broccoli get browned and so crispy and the combination of lemon + parmesan really adds flavor. Maybe it won’t substitute a side of fries with your burger but it will definitely convert any broccoli haters.
(ALMOST) BETTER THAN FRENCH FRIES BROCCOLI
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place the broccoli on a baking sheet (foil-covered if you want to make clean up easier).
- Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the broccoli
- Add the parmesan, salt and pepper then toss to coat everything evenly.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp.
- Serve. You can add some more parmesan over top before serving.
based on this recipe
– I think a little of browning is ideal but if you leave it in for longer you can get more of the brown crispy parts. Adding more oil with also increase browning.
– Best eaten right after you make it since it won’t remain crispy the day after.
– You definitely need fresh broccoli for this, frozen broccoli will be too wet and won’t crisp up nicely.